What Is Home Healthcare?
Home healthcare is skilled care given by professional care providers in the comfort/convenience of the individual’s home. A Plan of Care is created and implemented by medical professionals. Home healthcare comes after a doctor’s visit or a hospital stay, and it is designed to help improve the health of an individual while at home.
What you get from home healthcare
- Skilled nursing
- At-home physical therapy
- Pain management
- Caring for wounds
- Prescription management
- Rehabilitation and recovery from a health problem or a disease
What Is Home Care?
Home care is designed to sustain and maintain your loved one’s quality of life in their home – keeping them safe and comfortable.
What you get from home care
- Help with personal grooming like bathing or getting dressed
- Help with moving around and getting in and out of bed or the shower
- Medication reminders
- Helping a person with Alzheimer’s or dementia by grounding and orienting them
- Help with errands like grocery shopping and picking up prescriptions
- Help preparing meals
- Help with household chores like vacuuming or doing laundry
- Companionship and friendship so your loved one is not alone