Care Managers (CMs) are health and human service specialists who act as advocates to guide older adults and their families in efforts to improve their quality of life, independence and overall well-being. CMs act as your trusted advisor to ensure that your loved one is getting the help that they need.
Alliance Homecare Care Managers are certified and licensed Social Workers or Registered Nurses who are trained and adept at finding objective solutions to problems so families can focus on being a family.
Our Care Managers represent the highest standard of excellence in the profession and are available to help.
Our Care Managers act as “case managers” who can coordinate and oversee the team of home care professionals who will provide care to your loved one. A Care Manager can put together a team from Alliance Homecare or work with one that you have arranged yourself. The team may include a Registered Nurse, Social Worker, Home Health Aide(s), Rehabilitation Specialists, a Registered Dietitian or an Elder Care Attorney. Our Care Managers will help evaluate your Plan of Care, and will adapt it as your loved one’s needs change.
What Can a Care Manager Do?
- Help prevent the need for hospital visits
- Identify potential safety issues in the home and make recommendations to correct them
- Accompany your loved one to medical appointments and report findings to family members
- Make sure medications are taken properly
- Recommend appropriate community resources
- Monitor a client’s condition and plan of care, and adjust as needed
Care Managers take a client-centered approach to care delivery
- Individualized care plan development
- Coordination of physician appointments
- Remote family communication updates
- Referrals to home visiting physicians and health care professionals
- Medical supplies ordering and coordination
- Grocery and food supply arrangements
- Lifestyle services – personal chef, massage therapy and spa services
- Transportation needs
- Bill paying services and organizing mail
- Handyman services
- Pet services
- Support groups and programs
- Referrals to elder law attorneys and wealth management services
- Referrals to senior living communities and transition management